Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Reservoir Dogs

My access to my laptop might be compromised for the next couple days, so I watched a movie over the weekend just in case I am not able to watch one on Thursday night, as I usually try to do.
chelsea.theoffside.com

The best jacket in the world. www.moviemarket.com
The random number generator gave me 67, which corresponded with Reservoir Dogs. This is a movie I've always wanted to watch, but again, I could never really find the time to watch it. This was Quentin Tarantino's directorial debut, and it gained a huge cult classic. Steve Buscemi is in it, and I think he is absolutely brilliant. This movie is worth the watch just for the fact that you'll understand a lot more inside jokes because of it (one of which being Mr. (enter color name here), for example Steve Buscemi is Mr. Pink, which was I think first done in this movie).

The plot of the movie centers around a team of criminals recruited by a mob boss and his son to pull off a diamond heist and what happens when the heist goes horribly wrong. What I thought was interesting was that Reservoir Dogs doesn't show the actual heist of the movie, and is still incredibly interesting. It also employs a nonlinear storyline, which I really enjoy. It's not like some movies where the changes in time are really hard to follow, the staff on the movie did a very good job conveying what was the present, the past, and who's past it was.

I didn't find my mind wandering off at all during this movie, just like Groundhog Day, my attention didn't swerve off point at any time. The ending is incredible, and that's all I'll say, so I don't ruin any of it. I wished for a different outcome, but it was realistically the only possible and best one possible. I really got a feel for all of the characters, which I think is something modern movie lack a lot. Instead of having some boring opening qualifying scenes to introduce the audience to the characters, however, the movie rushed along with the plot and shows the characters through the time splits in the nonlinear plot line, so as the plot develops, you start to gain an affinity (or dislike, depending) for the characters involved. Also, Steve Buscemi complaining about getting the name Mr. Pink is one of the best scenes I've ever seen.

And Chris Penn (who plays Nice Guy Eddie) has the best jacket in the world that I looked online in an attempt to buy for hours, but sadly it was nowhere to be seen.

Definitely worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment